Download the Introductory brochure and subscribe to introductory programme updates.
JOIN THE ICFM
We are keen to encourage professional development of fleet management skills at all levels. Find out how joining the ICFM can benefit you.
UPGRADE MEMBERSHIP LEVEL
Please login to the Members Area and complete the form to upgrade to Member or Fellow.
Did you know that you may be able to claim tax relief on your ICFM Membership?
If you are a UK tax payer
A Course for New Entrants to Vehicle Fleet Management
The Introductory Programme leading to the Introductory Certificate in Car Fleet Management is designed specifically for new entrants to the fleet industry.
Whether you have direct responsibility for the fleet operation, or indirect involvement as an HR or finance team member, this is the perfect entry level for course you.
The Introductory Programme is also ideally suited to specialist staff employed in the fleet service support arena, including Contract Hire, Fleet Management, and Dealer-Based Corporate Fleet.
In addition to providing a background on how vehicle fleet management has evolved, the programme will enable new entrants to begin to understand what’s involved in developing a fleet policy relevant to the needs of the business, the importance of ‘asset management’ and provide a pointer to the changing face of fleet-related roles in the future.
- Module Introduction & Study Guidelines
- The Evolution of Vehicle Fleet Management
- Vehicle Fleet Policy – the Key Elements
- The Significance of Asset Management
- Vehicle Manufacturer/Distribution Structure
- Vehicle Supply and Disposal Options
- The Developing Scope of Vehicle Fleet Management
- Key Competence Elements – the ‘Blueprint’
- Aims & Education Structure of the ICFM
- Module Session Summaries
- Assignment Task Guidance & Programme Evaluation.